Order of the Coif
Georgia State University College of Law’s new Order of the Coif chapter inducted alumni who rank in the top 10 percent of the previous three years’ classes in a ceremony on Nov. 10. The Center for Law, Health & Society congratulates the following health law certificate and HeLP clinic graduates inducted to the Order of the Coif:
Sheila Salvant Valentine
On the Move
- Evelyn Clark Lopater (J.D. ’13) joined the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University as assistant director of Academic Success & Student Affairs.
- Christian Dennis (J.D. ’16) joined Huff, Powell and Bailey LLC as an associate in healthcare litigation.
- Sal Lucido (J.D. ’04) was promoted in May to associate director for Strategic Planning, Partnerships, and External Relations at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Samuel Park (J.D. ’13) was elected to the Georgia General Assembly for District 101 and began serving in January.
- Bethany Ensley Sherrer (J.D./M.B.A./M.H.A. ’16) joined the Medical Association of Georgia as the government relations associate and Georgia medical political action committee manager in September.
- Samuel Shapiro (J.D./M.S.H.A. ’14) joined Arnall Golden Gregory LLP’s Health Care Practice Group as an Associate.
- Gregory Tanner (J.D./M.S.H.A. ‘16) joined Chilivis Cochran Larkins & Bever LLP as an associate representing health care clients in government investigations, audits and administrative proceedings.
Georgia State Law’s Student Health Law Association hosted a panel featuring Gregory Fosheim (J.D. ’14), Barbara Rogers (M.B.A./M.H.A. ’09; J.D. ’15), Nirvi Shah (J.D. ’15), and Christian Dennis (J.D. ’16). They focused on the transition from law school into practice and discussed interviewing, job search techniques, professionalism and service to the profession.
Do you have news to share? Send news and updated contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org!